Thursday, May 18, 2006

another birthday

Tomorrow is Mary's _____ birthday. Tradition says that we should not give a woman's age, so I will let you filll in the blank. Just say she has aged gracefully, while keeping pace with my own birthdays. It's incredible to realize that I have known her for over 2/3 of our lives, and been married to her for nearly that much time. We were high school sweethearts and married before graduating from college. And now with two grown children, we are back to being just the two of us. She is so much a part of me that I can't imagine what I would be without her in my life. I think it may be time for another honeywoon. But first, everyone join me in a hearty and heartfelt rendition of Happy Birthday. I only hope that we will be able to celebrate as many birthdays in the future that we have in the past. God, how I love that woman........

No comments: