Friday, September 22, 2006

where'd it go

Is it Friday already? Where did the week go? Suddenly it went from Monday to Friday without much of a stop, or even a slowdown, inbetween. There were so many things I had in mind to get done this week, and here it is too late to do them all.

The reason I'm so negligent in my accomplishments this week? Who the hell knows. But I suspect my lack of "doing" has at least a little to do with the adjustment in my PD meds. With the change in timing and the dosage levels, I find myself getting "jumpy" at odd times and needing to sit or lie down for a few minutes at odd times during the day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Today my need for those frequent "sitdowns" has nothing to do with the fact that the Ryder Cup is being televised all day and I just happened to have the TV on. Honest. I still got the kitchen cleaned and the floor washed. It just took an hour or so longer than it normally would with my constant need to sit down every time an enthusiastic roar went up from the crowd watching the matches. I really needed to rest at those times. Honest.

Of course that does little to explain my inability to get it done the rest of the week. The fact that I don't even miss playing the occasional round of golf has me concerned. Frequently, when I am unable to get to the golf course for whatever reason, I will at least go out in the backyard and hit some half wedges (the yard is big enough), just to satisfy the old golf jones that inhabits my soul. But I have been unable to summon the necessary motivation to do even that.

I have in mind at least five different sculptures and other woodworking projects, but just can't seem to get down into the workshop to work on any of them. The energy just isn't there, so the motivation is hard to come by. I feel totally bereft of any of my old work ethic. I used to be able to accomplish enough everyday to satisfy even the toughest taskmaster (read, Mary), but now I would rather take a nap, and work be damned.

You can only imagine what it feels like to have your muscles twitch and vibrate, leaving you with the inability to totally control what you want those muscles to do. It's' not completely debilitating, just annoying enough to keep you from doing anything easily and without having to think about it. The new medications and dosage are supposed to make those tasks easier. I'm still waiting for the new regimen to take effect and giver me back my mojo.

Until that happens I will continue my dereliction of duty and work on deepening the dent in the recliner seat. I feel a nap coming on. Oh, yeh, and the Rider Cup is still on. Coincedence? I think not.

No comments: