Monday, October 02, 2006

a year gone by

It has been a year since I started posting on this blog. A year that has vanished before I realized it was even moving on by. In looking back over some of the writings I left here in the past months, it seems that I wrote them all just yesterday. Or maybe the day before.

During that year I heard from some interesting people, was lead to read some interesting blogs, made, I hope, some new friends, and established an identity of my own that makes others want to hear what I have to say. My hope is that I've been at least a little amusing at times, opinionated enough to spark a reaction in others, honest about how I feel about whatever subject came up, and able to write in a way that you all can appreciate.

For me, the writing is the important thing. The fact that my blog page is unadorned with any of the doodads and bells and whistles that so many others create for their pages, just shows that either I am only interested in writing, or that I am thoroughly incapable of creating any of those bells and whistles for myself. I suspect that while I love the writing part, I would gladly prettify my blog if I could figure out how to do it without having to spend the next year learning all that computer stuff. I am, and will probably remain, a complete technophobe. It truly is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Especially when he doesn't want to learn. So don't expect any majorly creative changes to what you see here. I might try a new template, but only if I can do it without undo mental anguish.

So now as I embark on a new year's worth of drivel, opinion, amusement, insight, revelation, questioning, autobiographical maunderings, and just plain nonsense, I hope you will continue to accompany me through the next year, leave a comment on occasion, and invite others to wonder at the idiocy this writer has the audacity to commit to the page. After all, if I can waste the time writing it, it's only fair that you continue to waste a little time reading it.

I'll check back with you in a year. Until then, read on, as I intend to continue providing something for you to read.

No comments: