Monday, December 04, 2006

my new look

Surprise! Yes, you've come to the right place. It just looks different. My blog's new "skin" (that's apparently the official technical jargon for "design"), was done for me by se7en at Blogs Gone Wild. He did a great job and was a pleasure to work with. I'm pleased, hope you are too.

The picture I asked him to use is one of my favorites that I took at the lake last summer. It just always reminds me of the good feelings I have whenever I'm there. We can all use a reminder of the good things once in awhile.

The title of my blog, for those of you who have not gone far enough back in the archives to discover its meaning, is a term my two children and wife use whenever they catch me expounding on anything. When the kids were young and much more impressionable, I would answer their questions with extensive elaboration and significant detail. It didn't matter if what I said was true or false or if I even knew the right answer. If I didn't know the correct answer, I was not above making something up that sounded plausible. I figure you can make anyone believe anything if you say it with enough conviction and overwhelming detail. Eventually they caught on to my bombastic ways and would shout "bobology" whenever they suspected I was leading them down a meandering path, to eventually arrive at destination, not necessarily the one we set out for. Now I have only to open my mouth or clear my throat before the bobology chorus erupts, effectively stifling my homilies and lectures. I get no respect.

So anyway, despite the title, I will endevour to keep the bobology to a minimum, since I'm sure that anyone taking the time to read this has a buit-in bs meter. But forgive me if I occasionally lapse into my habit of shoveling it into a deepening pile. Just where your boots.

7 comments:

Gary said...

I'm impressed. Great new look. And I loke that profile picture too. Very mysterious.

That 'bobology' is pretty funny stuff. Maybe you can blog some more about it sometime.

Wiccachicky said...

I like the new look!

Kat Campbell said...

Wow, your new look is fabulous! I too love the lake picture and haven't caught you at "bobology" yet!

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

I love the new look! And my Dad has his famous moments too - for years my sibs and I really believed he could unzip his hair and wash it in the sink! Apparently, boblogy is not just for those named Bob, its for Dad's!

se7en said...

I was wondering about that title myself. I see so many blogs with odd titles that I stopped asking long ago.

I'll bet there's some amusing "bobologies" to be told...

Bud said...

Nice skin and thanks for the background on the name. Se7en is quite a pro!!

maryciz said...

Sitting on the pier on this lake is becoming one with the water. Watching for the blue heron, bald eagle, ducks, geese, jumping fish is glorious. Within two hours of the city it is like heaven on earth.