Tuesday, February 13, 2007

double whammy

The wind is blowing, the snow is falling steadily, it's cold. No one in his right mind would venture willingly out into this weather without a really good reason. A reason of great importance. A reason rife with desperation. Life and death.

I had to venture out today. My reason? I HAD TO GO TO THE DENTIST for a routine checkup and teeth cleaning.

According to Mary, if I don't go twice a year to the dentist for routine maintenance, I will surely die an excruciating premature death and rot in Hell for my negligence. She simply won't allow me to slide on these routine appointments. So despite the horrific weather I was forced to keep my appointment with the hygienist. Talk about a double whammy--first the nasty winter weather and then a trip in that nastiness to the dentist for more nastiness. I think I'd rather take my chances with damnation and Hell.

4 comments:

Bud said...

You remind me once again that even the most mundane and routine chores are magnified by shitty weather. And then the horrific chores force us to choose hell instead. Stay warm, Bob!

Sunflower Optimism said...

Ha ha ha! This was so funny Bob, because I have to go to the dentist TOMORROW! I'm sure it will still be plenty icy and miserable out there.

Today I had to go out to buy and send a birthday card to my nephew so he gets it on time and I don't incur the wrath of ex-SIL. The things we do for family harmony.

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

I avoid the denstist as I would the plague - I am faithful about my annual physical and mamogram and my teeth seem to be doing just fine - and I don't floss either. The dentist just yells at me.
We are suffering from ice everywhere!
Stay safe and warm!

Kat said...

That's a horrible reason to risk pneumonia and frost bite for sure! I have a worse reason. I actually went out in this mess because I was out of pepsi.