Thursday, February 01, 2007

geekhood

I have officially left behind my computer neophyte status. At least I think so. Yesterday I installed, all by myself, an Airport Extreme card in my iMac. This was one time when I followed the directions and didn't screw it up. Then I installed (ok, I plugged it in) an Airport Express wireless router. And miracle of miracles it worked. Now I can access the internet anywhere in my house with my laptop. I can take it in the kitchen, in the living room, in the bedroom, and in the, yes, if I am so inclined, the bathroom. I can probably take it out to the deck too, but I am not going to test that theory now since the temperature outside is close to zero. That will have to wait until Spring when the outdoors is more congenial. The point is, I am now officially untethered from the cords that bind me to my desk. And I am so proud of myself that I am claiming
Apprentice Geek status for myself. Look out, Bill Gates, here I come.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I am suitably impressed. I'm also very jealous.

Sunflower Optimism said...

Mine won't work outside - but it is great to pick up and work in any corner of the house.