Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

I don't want to remember. I know that all the articles and pundits say that we should take time today to remember the enormous tragedy of six years ago. Why? It doesn't help to come to grips with that infamy by remembering that awful day. I prefer to put it behind me and not think about it. It's still too depressing, too shocking, too real for me, so I choose to forget. I mean no disrespect to the many victims, both innocent and brave, who perished that day. I just can't figure out how dwelling on those cowardly attacks will help me cope. I want to forget. I want life to go on. I want move away from the horror and shock. I don't want to pretend it all didn't happen, I just want to push it all aside for awhile. I just want to forget for awhile. I just want it all to go away. I need to forget.