Monday, September 24, 2007

enough

That's it. No more feeling sorry for myself. I refuse to be depressed any longer. I don't have it so bad. There are millions of people who have it a lot worse than I do. So I had a PD setback. So there are things I can't do as well now as I could before. Deal with it and move on.

Sounds easy. It's not. But I am working at it. The air in my life is too precious to be fouled by the pollution of depression. So I'm taking deeper breaths and savoring the sweetness of that air, before anymore pollution settles in. Thank you to those of you who have offered encouragement. Don't stop. I still need your help.

3 comments:

Artistic Soul said...

The hardest part is deciding you want to do something about it -- depression cripples me to the point that I become apathetic, and the most difficult battle is to just get myself started on small things, deny the feelings to just shut down, and try to work through it. Good luck!!!

Kat said...

If you're spending too much time alone, Bob, that could be contributing. Is joining a group at your library an option? If you lived closer, I'd be bugging you to join my writing group...any of those in your neighborhood?

BobCiz said...

Soul, you are absolutely right, deciding to do something was the hardest first step. I have gotten myself back into the worshop as a way to fight back.

Kat, I do have the information for a PD support group that my therapist has recommended, so I will give that a try. But I think I would rather be part of your writing group.