Monday, October 01, 2007

Bobby's got his mojo back

After a weekend at the cottage, I feel like I'm back to being myself again. The wonderfully intelligent, creative, sensitive, loving, caring, talented, wise, efficient, and, of course, goodlooking, Bob is back. Well, maybe I'm overstating the condition of my psyche and my many attributes just a little, but the goodlooking part stays.

While at the cottage, I cut the grass Saturday morning and felt good about getting that done, but still had enough energy and desire to get to the golf course and try to play the game I love again. I had been having some difficulty holding the golf club due to the increased tremors I was experiencing and coordinating all the necessary muscles needed to make a good golf swing. But I wasn't quite ready to give up just yet, so Saturday was a test, not just of my will, but also of my physical capability. I wwent expecting to play only 9 holes, but finished 18. I am thrilled to report that I have my game back. I played exceptionally well for me, shooting an 81 with three birdies along the way. For those of you not tuned into golf, a birdy is a good thing. Three of them for a golfer of my skill level is wondrous and worthy of much bragging. I was very pleased and can't wait to get on the course again.

I have also been spending a lot of time in the workshop over the past week, working on several different projects and getting revved up about that, too. It feels so good to have a lot to do and the willingness to do it. I have also been working on getting another blog up and running that will be solely for the purspoe of showcasing my artwork and woodworking. Getting all those pictures uploaded and organized has taken a lot more time than I anticipated, but that's not a complaint. I do it all willingly and with pleasure.

And I have even been paying attention to all the notes Mary leaves me each morning, giving me long lists of chores to accomplish. I havent started doing any of the chores, but I am reading the notes. It's a start.

So my recent bout with depression is hereby officially declared over. I'm baaack.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Excellent!

Kat said...

THREE birdies? I bow to the master. Glad you're feeling better.

Artistic Soul said...

Yea! Glad to hear you're feeling better!! I am looking forward to your art blog -- mine took a while to get up and running too since it's actually quite time consuming to do photographs of all my work, but I've liked having it as an outlet.