Monday, December 10, 2007

dragon

While clearing space on the worktable in the workshop, I gathered a pile of little scraps left over from other projects and simply couldn't stand the thought of throwing them away. So I started glueing them together to see what might develop.
They developed into a funky dragon.

The scraps that make up my dragon are a wide variety of leftovers like oak and maple and walnut and pine and poplar and probably some others that I've forgotten.

If you look closely you can see his beady little eyes staring back at you.

I feel like he needs a name and for some reason I think of him as a "Darryl" but I'm open to suggestions if you can think of something better to name him.

He only stands 10" high so he is not of formidable stature, but he has both an evil aura and a playful look. Kinda like he might laugh while devouring you. I have him on a shelf behind some of the other sculptures so that he appears to be lying in wait for me to get close enough to his tongue that he might get a taste of me. I am wary.

No comments: