Saturday, January 26, 2008

body world

Friday we went to see the Body Worlds exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum. It is by far the most incredible, amazing, awe inspiring exhibit of the human body that you can ever imagine.

Our visit to the exhibition was made even more special because we had our own anatomist accompaning us to explain what we were looking at and to offer insights that the written captions at each part of the individual displays couldn't give. Carrie, my daughter, has taught anatomy classes at Berkeley and since she is here to visit for my birthday, we took full advantage of her expertise. It absolutely amazes me when she is in her "teaching" mode and displays the depth and breadth of knowledge that leaves me shaking my head in wonder.

The Body Worlds exhibition has traveled the world for a number of years and is continueing to do so for awhile. If you get the chance to see it, don't pass up the opportunity. It is a complete and inspiring, and even reverential, display of the wonder and miracle that is the human machine. If you don't come away with a new appreciation for what you are made of and aren't humbled in the prescence of such creation, then you'd have to be brain dead.

I only wish you could have Carrie accompany you when you see it too.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I just missed that exhibit when it was here in Columbus. Now I'm more bummed than ever.