Thursday, February 28, 2008

creative production

Lately I’ve been in a wonderfully productive and creative mood. There are times when I just can’t seem to get started on any of the projects that are cluttering up my head, but this isn’t one of those times. For the past several weeks I have been spending more and more time in the workshop creating many of those projects instead of just thinking about them.

Right now there are four different pieces I’m working on and several more that I have made a note of to follow up on. It’s getting to the point where having enough time to complete all these things is going to be a problem. Abetting my creative juices and time spent in the shop is the fact that the weather outside is not congenial for human beings. Cold, snow, and the usual winter nastiness conspires to keep my indoors. And so I have more time to devote to my art. I fear that once Spring arrives, and at this point it isn’t a given, the outdoor chores will rob me of some of the time I would otherwise spend in the shop.

The next problem that will need to be solved is what to do with all the art and other stuff that I have made. I need to find an outlet for my work, whether online or a gallery or storefront. I would love to have an online presence to reach the widest audience, but don’t know how to go about developing a website that would accomplish that. I would welcome any advice anyone has to help me get to that stage of development.

Here is one of the sculptures that I just completed. I call it “Out of Chaos…” It is an illustration that beauty can be found anywhere, even in the most chaotic of places or circumstances. It stands 27” high and is made from a variety of woods. The rose-like flower is maple and walnut.

I have added it to the gallery blog under the Sculprture heading where you can see most of my other work.


1 comment:

katcampbell said...

Breathtaking! That is just beautiful, Bob. I've been especially productive this week too. Happily so, I was beginning to assume my muse had abandoned me forever. There is software called Mambo that will let you create your own website. I use it for my writer website. Its tedious, but doesn't require a manual.