Wednesday, February 20, 2008

a house divided

Yesterday I voted for Obama in our primary election. Mary voted for Clinton. She is not speaking to me now. That might be a good thing for awhile.

This is the first time in all the elections that we have participated in that we have disagreed on a candidate. So now she thinks I don't love her anymore. Making matters worse is that Obama won a resounding majority of the vote here and seems well on his way to the Democratic nomination. She accuses me of being a pandering frontrunner with no scruples. I call her a female chauvinist unable to look beyond gender as the most important criteria in her candidate selection. We arre at an impass.

And now that politics have become personal around here, I ain't getting any. Maybe it's not too late to change my vote.

No comments: