Friday, May 02, 2008

give me the oldfashioned way

Ok, I am officially pissed off. Everyone keeps telling me, "you have to do your banking online. It's so easy and convenient. It's time to join the 21st century." So I tried. What a bunch of bullshit.

For the past three days I have been trying to get our accounts set up online so that we can take advantage of that so-called convenience. For some reason, I am the only one in the entire universe that the system refuses to accept. My repeated attempts to register with our bank have met with a recurring rejection for whatever unfathomable reason these fucking computers have decided to throw in my way. Three different calls to the bank's help line have resulted in three different reasons and three different solutions, none of which have proven to be correct. Even the people who are supposed to know how to do this thing don't know how to do this thing.

We have been banking with this same institution for nearly thirty years now. The problems started just recently when the original St. Francis Bank was sold last year to Mid-America Bank, which held on to it for less than a year before being sold once again to the current National City Bank. Since Natiional City took over there have been problems and confusion that we have had to deal with on a weekly basis. We never experienced any problems with our accounts when we banked the old fashioned way--with paper deposit and withdrawel and transfer slips that the friendly teller would run through the machine to validate and complete our transactions. It was all so simple and easy. Paper in, paper out. and everyone was happy. Now with all this electronic mumbo/jumbo we have had nothing but one problem after another.

If we can't even enroll online, what does that say about the accessibility of our funds in that institution? This enrollment system is hardly confidence building. If this online crap isn't resolved in the next couple days we will move to another bank. I am willing to try to make online banking work for us, but when they place so many obfuscating obstacles in the way, what are we supposed to do. Keep banging our heads against the computer screen? Put our money in mayonaise jars buried in the flower beds in the yard? Pay our bills with cash? Now there's a revolutionary concept. Wonder if that will ever catch on?

2 comments:

katcampbell said...

What a fantastic rant! You should be furious. I use on-line banking through my small hometown bank and it has been the easiest thing I've ever done. National City is getting too big to remember that their "customers" are real live people.

Carrie said...

I think you're just old and technologically incompetent.

Eep! Don't ground me!