Monday, December 29, 2008

more from the workshop

Here are some pictures of the latest objects to come out of the workshop. I've really enjoyed making these little boxes. They are pleasing to the eye and are functional. I'm going to stop making boxes now for awhile since I have a number of other ideas I want to pursue. But I know I will come back to the box as an expression of beauty, form, and function. I already have a few ideas bouncing around in my head for some new and different shapes for them, but it is time to do some other things.

This round box is made of oak, maple, and mahogany and is 4" round and 2" deep.

The top pivots open.


This rectangular box is 5.5" x 3.5" x 2" deep. It is made of oak, mahogany, and purpleheart.

The top pivots open.


This round box is 4.5" in diameter and 2" deep. The top swivels open.

It is made of oak, cedar, padauk, and purpleheart.


Here is a freeform box that is about 5.5" long and 2.5" deep. it is made of oak and mahogany.

The lid swivels open.


If you want to see more pictures of these boxes and the other work I've done, just click on "gallery" in the sidebar and it will take you to my other site called After the Sawdust Settles. Thanks for looking.

No comments: