Friday, February 06, 2009

another cane

I finished this latest cane a couple weeks ago and have since used it almost exclusively. I made the handle quite thick and substantial to make it easier for my reluctant Parkinsons hands to grip.

The cane is made of Brazilian Cherry and Oak. The Cherry is a deep reddish brown color with a distinctive grain and is quite pretty. The shaft is Oak with Cherry stripes.


Next on the workshop bench are a couple sculptures that should be completed in the next few days. Then I have another box series planned and I started carving a chess set that will take a long time to complete. So many ideas, so little time.

1 comment:

Michael Manning said...

Bob: NAtional Parkinson Fundation can get you on the list for a free monthly newsletter. These guys are the most aggressive and helpful among the 132 foundations I reserached. Last year, I Emceed their National Gala of Hope. E-mail me if you'd like me to get you their contact information. Hang in Bob!