Monday, April 06, 2009

still here

I've been a negligent blogger of late. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do everything that needs doing. So one of the first casualties of that time crunch is the old blog. Admittedly, the lack of time is a flimsy excuse to cover the fact that there are priorities right now that are stacked on top of the blog.

The greatest time sucking activitiy these days is my determination to learn to use my new lathe. I spend hours in the workshop practicing the skills required to become not just proficient, but masterful. I have a long way to go to achieve that goal, but trying is the fun part. I get to make mistakes and learn from them and get to make successful turnings and wonder at the beauty of an object made well. What could be better than that. When I finally create something I am proud of, I will share it with you here.

No comments: