Monday, December 06, 2010

from the workshop

It's been awhile since I've been able to spend any meaningful time in the workshop. But I haven't been totally negligent. It just seems that it takes a lot longer to finish things during the summer months because of all the outdoor distractions. Now that the weather has turned wintery I have more time to devote to all those projects that are dancing around in my head.

This cane was started back in June and wasn't finished until just before Thanksgiving. It languished on the workbench for weeks on end until I finally got around to completing it. The wait was worth it though. It was a big hit at our family Thanksgiving. It is made of maple, walnut, and padauk.



I have a couple more things in the works that I should be able to apply some concerted effort to now that the snow has fallen and I don't want to go outside. The workshop is calling me insistently and I have to get to work. I love it.

No comments: