Wednesday, December 08, 2010

wall sculpture

This is the latest work to come out of the shop. It was the result of request that Mary made for something new to hang in the bedroom to replace some photographs. I don't normally do anything that she asks for specifically since she just appropriates everything I do anyway. If she likes whatever new piece I conjure up, she simply lays claim to it and finds a suitable place to display it. Needless to say our home is one extended gallery of my work. This is one time when her request jolted me into action after a long period of artistic neglect. This got the creative juices flowing again. Now I have too many ideas percolating and wonder when I will be able to complete all of them. A happy dilemma to have.

I entitled this simply Landscape Triptych. It is 18" high at the enter and 45" long. It is made from a variety of woods including walnut, maple, padauk, aspen, poplar, and pine.

Here is a closer look at the center piece.

This is the right side panel.

This is a detail of the left side.


I already have another new cane nearly completed and the evolution of another wall sculpture has begun. I can't wait to see where it will take me, what the final result will be. Also I have some turning projects in mind that I will get started on in the next few days. So much to do, so little time.

No comments: