Tuesday, April 12, 2011

art show

Here are some pictures of the Art Over Adversity Gallery Show for Parkinson Awareness Month which is installed at the Thunder Mountain Press Gallery in Milwaukee through the month of April. The show was open to anyone with PD or their family members. I was pleased, and even a bit surprised, at the high quality of the art works presented. I guess I didn't really know quite what to expect. The show hasn't been advertised as much as I hoped and the gallery itself is somewhat difficult to get to (it is on the fifth floor with spotty elevator service) but according to the gallery operator there has been good response so far. There is a reception for the artists and supporters on the 21st of this month where I hope I'll get to meet some of my fellow artists. All in all a satisfying event.
The first picture shows my two turned vessels.







No comments: